We’ve declared this February to be SELF-CARE MONTH! All month long we encourage you to make a choice to put your health and wellness a priority by loving yourself. Whether it’s choosing one day of the week that is all about you or even just one hour or a few moments each day, this month BE SELF-ISH!
Each week our team will be sharing tips and insights from our wellness network on topics to help you create or improve a self-care routine. You deserve to eat deliciously, bathe luxuriously, feel sexy, and think positively!
This week we want to kick things off with FOOD & DRINK. Set the tone for the month by choosing to eat clean, nutrient rich foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This is the most important decision of your day when it comes to self care. What you put into your body can affect not only your physique but also your emotional and mental state. Check out a previous blog post, Creating A Wellness Routine: Six Main Benefits Of A Clean Eating Diet where we chat more on why it is SO important. Whether you decide to cook at home or order delivery, clean eating is the first step to a better SELF-CARE routine. Plan for next week with a 5 Day “Pre-V Day” whole foods cleanse, set up a meal delivery, or go BIG and make a commitment to clean with our 3 Week Challenge.
Here are a couple more SELF-CARE food and drink habits we encourage you to implement this month:
- Start your day with a glass of warm water and lemon to help aid digestion throughout the day.
- Savor the first couple of sips of your morning tea or coffee.
- Eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to make sure you have energy to last you through the morning.
- Set a mid-morning and mid-afternoon reminder in your phone or calendar to have a glass of water. Staying hydrated is not only important for your muscles and nervous system to function it also helps curb hunger.
- Drink one glass of water between every glass of wine or other alcoholic beverage.
- Finish eating dinner by 7:00 PM so that your food has enough time to digest before getting to bed.
- And don’t forget to indulge in a dark chocolate treat every now and then!
Stay tuned for next week as we dive into FITNESS and easy ways to incorporate more activity into your SELF-CARE routine.