Based in Brooklyn, NY, Provenance Meals delivers organic, prepared meal plans and detox programs that are gluten free, dairy free, with no refined sugar. Designed by wellness experts and health-supportive chefs to nourish your body, our meals and detoxes are delivered to your home or office in the Greater NYC Area and made-from-scratch with unprocessed, local ingredients using traditional cooking techniques.
What makes Provenance Meals different?
WE ♥ CHOICES AND HAVING OPTIONS
In our meal plans, YOU choose which meals you'd like from our weekly menu. It changes every week and features the best seasonal, nutrient-dense ingredients.
DESIGNED FOR PLANT LOVERS & OMNIVORES
In the Provenance Meals world, we can all get along and eat good food together. There is no one perfect diet for everyone and not to mention all the different preferences, appetites, and tastes.
GOOD FOR YOUR BODY AND THE PLANET
We use nutrient-dense and local ingredients to nourish your body while doing no harm to the earth. We use compostable and recyclable containers, compost all our food waste, donate extra meals, and deliver in reusable totes.
Eat Real Food, Traditionally Prepared
Our nutritional philosophy is simple and straightforward. We believe that when you eat real food prepared using traditional cooking techniques, good things start to happen to your health.
With never-ending choices, shelves of processed foods, and always changing diet trends, it's difficult to eat real food and find time to cook.
Our mission is to help busy New Yorkers eat real food, made-from scratch that will make them feel better and look healthier.
Whether you want to reset your body with a detox, following a grain-free diet, or just practicing clean eating, our meal plans and cleanse programs are easy to follow with guidance from our Certified Health Counselors.
FOOD YOU CAN TRUST.
As proud ingredient snobs, we are confident that every ingredient we use to prepare your meals and detoxes are sustainable and nutrient-dense.
- Our meals are prepared in Brooklyn, NY with only whole foods and ingredients in their natural, unprocessed state sourced from organic purveyors and local farmers as much as humanly possible. All of our meat and poultry are grass fed and pasture-raised.
- There is no refined sugars in our meals and detox programs. We use only natural sweeteners, such as raw honey, blackstrap molasses, coconut sugar and real maple syrup from New York state.
- Healthy fats such as coconut, nuts, seeds and avocado are good for your body. We use extra virgin olive oil and organic virgin coconut oil, making sure to steer clear of industrial seed oils, like sunflower and canola, which have extremely high proportions of omega 6 fats in relation to omega 3s.
- To promote optimum digestive health, all of our offerings are 100% gluten-free.
- There is absolutely no carageenan in our house-made nut milks and no xanthan gum in our gluten-free baked goods.
- We also use no GMO's. The jury is still out on genetically modified food and we don't want to be the guinea pigs.
Before there was grocery stores and factory farms, our ancestors prepared foods by soaking, sprouting, and fermenting them. These traditional ways of cooking were important to enhancing the digestibility of foods, as well as preserving the foods to last longer and making the nutrients within them more bio-available.
- We ferment and culture foods to provide important probiotics to the gut. Our house-made kimchi and pickles are rich in beneficial bacteria. And even our hot sauce is fermented.
- Our house-made, long-simmered bone broths are mineral rich, provide fantastic flavor and important gelatin.
- We soak and sprout our grains, beans and nuts to reduce phytates and anti-nutrients which help improve digestibility.
Eating real food is healing to the gut and good for the body. Your body knows how to digest and extract nutrients from whole foods, while too much processed ingredients tends to throw it for a loop. Stick with the real stuff, prepared in traditional ways, and be amazed at how easy and satisfying it is to achieve good health.
We're a group of foodies dedicated to helping busy people improve their health by establishing better eating habits and successful wellness routines. Our team of Certified Culinary Nutrition Experts, Health and Wellness Counselors and Health-Supportive Chefs from Michelin star restaurants and The Food Network's Iron Chef Series, collaborate on our weekly menu ensuring nutrition rich ingredients and unique flavors are found in every meal.
Meet our Founder - Caroll Lee
Caroll is an avid cook, mother of two, Board Certified Health Counselor and the founder of Provenance Meals. Her passion in life is to feed people real food -- food that is raised, grown and prepared in traditional ways that are good for your health and good for the planet. Caroll practices holistic nutrition, understanding that a healthy diet must be combined with other sources of nourishment—loving relationships, enjoyable physical activity, meaningful work and spiritual connectedness—to reach true health and happiness.
Meet our Executive Chef - Serafina Alonso
Serafina learned the power of cooking with whole, natural foods from an early age. She spent her childhood in the kitchen with her father, a chef, and her mother, a talented baker. After earning four diplomas from the prestigious French Culinary Institute, she continued her culinary journey working as a food stylist as well as honing her skills in the kitchens of Bouley, Ladurée and Dean & DeLuca. A big believer in counting colors, not calories, Serafina is passionate about serving dishes that will nourish your health and your palate.
Wellness Partner Network
From medical professionals nutritionists to fitness and natural-beauty experts, our Partner Network includes wellness-focused professionals that want to collaborate with us and help New Yorkers look and feel better through a 360 degree approach to wellness in their lives.
Our “Do No Harm” Commitment
We believe we all play a part in making the world a better place for future generations. On top of sourcing locally and sustainably, we are also committed to reducing our waste by composting all food scraps, using recyclable containers and totes for delivery, and ensuring all extra meals or leftovers are donated. We’ve recently decided to partner with Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, a non-profit organization that works with restaurants and other food companies to bring leftover food to homeless shelters in the local community.
Our commitment is on-going and we are improving every day. To learn more about our efforts to be a sustainable and mission-driven business, contact our founder at firstname.lastname@example.org.